Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bloddy Blogger

Boy if there was ever a poster child for missing in action it would show . . . me:-)

Two weeks and the machine keeps on wanting more, I had know idea the hectic pace, some is created by my own learning curve; the editing deal - note to self, go with gut and not reporter's suggestions. I even made the rookiest of mistakes and wiped out 2 min. of footage after I went out to get another cut-away, I thought I grabbed a different tape but no, I grabbed the one I used for my interviews and shots - lucky for me I did not need any of the stuff I taped over. I had not done that in 10 years.

We are also putting out five main packs (full story) and two smaller SOTs (sound on tapes for voice overs) each week, while missing lunch and not having any time to fully check and repair gear, log tapes and respond to emails . . . .

Time for me to train the new guy in office management.

I had a scoop last week as I was able to find the boat two fishermen were using before they drowned - a dad and his young kids found the bodies when they went fishing. A very sad day for one family as the men were brothers.

My spider sence told me the first lake we were at was not the right area - always go with your gut!

The compatition was not able to get up to the lake in time for their 6 or there 11 and they reported the lake to be two hours from where it was - they did this for two days. When they finally got viz of the lake it was the first area we were at and they did not find the boat.

Keep your batteries charged!

Trev.

No comments: